Thursday, January 10, 2008

Fibroid

I finally saw my primary physician and the results of my pelvic sonogram came back with a lone fibroid about an inch long. It is the probable cause of my heavy bleeding once a month. My last successful, "Aunty Flo" was in November 2007. I missed December and maybe even this month. It could also be the extraordinary amount of medication that I'm my body has involuntarily taken these past four months. She immediately tells me that I can have an operation to have it extracted. That will cause me to miss at least one to three more months of work due to my recovery time and possibly losing everything I have or own. Or wait a few months to see if it has grown in size and then try to remedy it then. Or my missing "Aunty Flo" for the past two months may mean that I'm on my way to menopause which in turn will dry out the fibroid and cause it to shrink and slough off. Should my fibroid decide to grow, another procedure not widely known is NovaSure. I've been reading about it since a friend of mine recommended it to me after she read about such invasive procedures. It sounds like a godsend that anything that doesn't go up your hoo ha, in your wa hoo, or out your ying yang would be welcomed. One good thing about being off from work is the amount of reading that I accomplished, crossword puzzles that kept my mind agile and emails from friends and family has kept me busy. My HR man at work has given me the green light that my doctor has certified me fit to come back to work and start on January 16th. I am elated!

No comments: