Friday, January 25, 2008

First full week

back at work and my mood has lifted immensely. Being in the company of my co-workers and friends have an amazing effect on my soul and a restfulness of being back to work. Today represents the last paycheck that I will receive as a true part-timer. After taxes and deductions, it is such a paltry sum that I had to smirk and decide which one of my accounts would receive the dubious honor. I won't be missing that type of sick pay any time soon and I'm am genial to the fact that I can pick up more hours as long as I don't exhaust myself into ruin.
The rainfall this weekend has been plentiful and the air is colder than most. Because of the medications that I am currently taking, my weakened immune system is more susceptible to the common cold. I have added a sweater to my uniform and have taken extraordinary precautions to not approximate myself where the infirmed are. My locker is full of cold remedies and instant soups predicating that I have a healthy day. What I absolutely should do is accompany my blender to work and create my health conscience smoothies, but I would like for my blender to be there in the morning when I return. That would take an act of faith and would have to think a little more on that herculean idea.
In February my vacation relief schedule will change to the morning shift thus I will be picking up numerous evening shifts to improve the quality of my next paycheck. Anything would be better that what I recently received.

No comments: