Monday, December 3, 2007

Reducing my medication....again

yes, now I'm down to half a table of prednisone every odd day until Dec 12Th when I go back to see my RAtologist for the third phase of my medication process. I've been very tired and it seems that my hands joints have been stiff in the morning when I wake up particularly my right hand. A few days ago, I favored my right leg and limped around for most of the day. It was terrible. I had visions of not too long ago when I couldn't even walk and had trouble getting out of bed. I couldn't even roll over and my hands were very swollen as was my ankles and knees. I don't want to relive that again. Going from a strong woman who could throw 7o pound bags around was no problem and now, I couldn't even open a jar of peanut butter! Here is my medication this week:
half tablet of prednisone - every odd day/5mg
4 tablet of methotrexate - every Wed/2.5mg
1 tablet of folic acid/1mg
1 tablet of Hema-Plex multi nutrient vitamin.

No comments: