Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My rhummy

is acting up. I woke up this morning feeling stiffer than ever in the right side of my body. My right hand is very stiff and my right ankle is a bit swollen making it difficult to walk. Many times a hot shower does just the trick and I feel as if the RA is seeping out of my body only to return a short time later to settle back in only fiercer. I can really feel the effects of the lowering of the prednisone which I'm down to half a table each day until Dec 1st. Then I go back to see my "RAtologist" for a check up and to start the 3rd phase of my medications.
I have to gather up some paper work sometime to day and get that to my friend, Sarah, who is going see if I'm able to take out a loan on my home. Also, on that note, I have to send in some paper work to my employment to see if they can help me out for the short time that I'm out of work. We have a fund that helps employees out in a time of need, like a welfare system of our own but you don't have to pay anything back. Contributions are accepted and employees that can, take full advantage of donating to the fund. I told myself, If I ever go back to work, even if I have to donate one dollar, I'll contribute to the fund.
I had an enjoyable weekend. I saw the final showing of "Stardust and empty wagons" on Sunday with the Evan's Family. It was even more heartfelt this time and as always the cast was great. They've been portraying the Katrina families for the past year in different cities and to finally have this come to a close and back to San Francisco where it was borne, it has come full circle. There was a cast party afterwards which the Evan's attended and I left to meet with Darrell and Stephanie in Burlingame for drinks. We talked about work and when I'll be back and the party coming up at our friend Gail in December. It's our annual get-together that we try to make yearly at someones house and it will be the white elephant theme.

No comments: