Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Stiff joints

this morning. It seems that my "rhummy" is back since the lowering of my prednisone medication and I am feeling every little ache. I'm on half a tablet until December 1st and still taking the folic acid and vitamin daily. The methotrexate is still once a week at four tablets. It hasn't been easy this week. My once swollen ankles are back especially the right ankle. It is much harder to walk today than the past days. There is a varied amount of stiffness in my finger joints as well as parts of my back but I'm trudging along in my day just a little slower than usual.
I've been to the play "Stardust and empty wagons" three times since it has been back in San Francisco. It is a wonderful production of talented cast members portraying actual Katrina survivors from Hurricane Katrina. Live music by the Hot 8 band is not to be missed, they are an awesome band playing beautiful rhythm and flavors of New Orleans. The play is a heart rendering story about the lives of Katrina survivors and how they survived the hurricane and horrendous flooding, what they went through getting their families out of New Orleans and to this day dealing with the mismanagement of FEMA and where they are now. Listening to their stories unfold and told in a way that lets you embrace them as long lost family and to encourage their fight against a government that does not have a clue and can't seem to get it together in this day and age! The last day for the play is Sunday November 25th at the Brava Theatre in San Francisco. Take your family and friends to see it. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: