Friday, January 25, 2013

Signed, Sealed and Delivered!

Finally found a car, not a truck, but a nice little car to call my own since my auto accident Dec. 14, 2012. My insurance paid me out for my 1995 Chevy truck, just a little over $3700. My wife's friend, Judy, wanted to sell her Suburu Outback. After she and I looked up information about the car make and model and researched reviews, we made a decision to look it over last weekend. Driving to Pacifica was beautiful, cool, brisk and a rare sunny day. It was Maverick's weekend where world class surfers from all over the world gather to surf for big waves and big money. Along with that is the hundreds of people that converge on this tiny town for this once a year event. Crespi Beach and Rockaway Beach parking lots were exceeding full capacity and wanting to see the picturesque view and catch sight of the huge waves predicted. It's a beach town and I do miss it sometimes but when the fog rolls in, I am very glad to be living in Redwood City and a much warmer climate. Judy and Michael have a beautiful home with two big loving dogs. They are long time residents of Linda Mar and know all about Montara mountain. Hiking, biking and walking is a good place for that. After test driving the Suburu and getting to know it's idiosyncrasies, drive style, smoothness, cooling and heating elements and of course looking under the hood, our verdict was made. After some friendship banter and parlay, monies paid and bill of sale signed, WE HAVE A NEW CAR!! I am very happy to have it. I do have to thank Enterprise Rental and my insurance, USAA for taking care of me while my truck was at the adjusters, Cooks Collision. I also thank my friend Greg K. for loaning me his car which was a sprightly little 5-speed Blue Toyota Matrix. It's been a busy week of car searching, physical therapists, doctor visits, mounds of paperwork and going back to work. Exhilarating, excited and exhausted all summed it up for me this week. Life is crazy and I'm loving it. I thank the Good Lord for watching over me everyday. Amen

No comments: