Monday, January 21, 2013

"I Have a Dream"

"He was against all policies based on race. The basis of his attack on segregation was to judge us by the content of our character, not by the color of our skin". Peter Schramm, a conservative historian and former Reagan Administration official This video was taken in 2009 on the "Martin Luther King Freedom Train". Mama Diane Evans and I traveled this historic ride with hundreds of other passengers aboard the Cal-Train into the City of San Francisco to attend peaceful demonstrations and a video account of who Martin Luther King was and what he had accomplished in his very short life. Mama Diane Evans is the colorful turban wrapped woman singing in this video. She is the mother of my co-worker and good friend, Carmen. I dearly love this lady and the whole of her body exudes warmth and spirit akin to mine. Her stories of struggles, life and love keep me entranced and am glad to know that she is in my life.

No comments: