Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Total Loss

is what USAA insurance told me yesterday.  I can't get anything more for my truck than what my insurance offered me, $3744 and some change.  $1000.00 of it they will withhold until I mail the salvage company my title which I keep in a folder full of receipts I used  for it's upkeep.  I was expecting the worse and I almost had a tiny little bit of hope that Cooks Collision would repair my truck.
      I stopped by to pick up the rest of my belongings in my 1995 Chevy Pickup and saw the extent of the damage for the last time from my hit and run auto accident that happened almost one month ago.  My poor old truck was littered with numbers and "cant open hood" written on it and other foreign objects thrown in the truck bed.  I saw the front end extent of the damage in better lighting today than I did on that cloudy day of the accident.  I felt sad.  Upon opening my driver door and looking inside,  there was definite evidence of someone hastily looking through what ever was left in the truck and not finding anything of value to take.  Luckily I tried to pack up everything I valued at the time of the accident.   I felt violated on my trucks behalf and said my last goodbye's as if saying goodbye to an old friend which this truck has been to me.  I've been through approximately 4 moves and a host of other moves helping friends and family in need of a truck, long trips up the California coast for camp-outs and everyday commutes to work.  I depended on "Betty".    I originally bought my truck off of Craigslist for $5000.00  from a man who needed a bigger vehicle for his growing family.  The truck gave me very few problems compared to my other cars.  So to say goodbye to an object such as this truck is significant to me.  Now,  the process begins for me to look for a new "used" vehicle.  Wish me luck!

No comments: