Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

Every time I hear a story about an airline incident, directly affects me due in part that I work for a major carrier and I interact with all of my passengers on a personal basis. The conversations between myself and the passengers and their families only make me part of their families for a few precious minutes. To be on the ground and then to fly hundreds of miles in a metal container and what happens is beyond anyone's control. Accidents such as this "hits home" for me. My heart goes out to the families and all those affected. It's been a few weeks and speculation is rampant due in part because they can't seem to locate the aircraft or it's passengers. They brought scientists in to map the aircraft's route, they have been "combing" the passenger list to see who might be a terrorist, speculation is on the crew, the cockpit, the passengers, the aircraft and all those involved with Malaysian Airlines. The list goes on and makes it all the more news for the media. The waiting for any little piece of information to be given to the families, the hope and the unknown that they must be going through. I tense at these incidents of airliners. I, too, am hoping for recovery. To put the families mind at ease and the passengers soul to rest as to what cause that might have happened. My deepest condolences and prayers to all. ***************************************************************************************************** (This is the last coordinates according to Wikipedia - 01:34 02:15 18:15 Last primary radar contact by Malaysian military, 200 miles (320 km) NW of Penang, 6° 49′ 38″ N, 97° 43′ 15″ E)

No comments: