Friday, October 19, 2007

Ms Dov's wild ride

Here I am in the fabulous city of Las Vegas, Nevada and the one to watch out for is the shuttle drivers at the airport. I was the last stop on a 5 stop ride. My driver was very courteous and personable but as soon as he got behind the steering wheel, it was as if Dr. Jekyll AND Mr Hyde took over. We almost hit a car or two, he had a lead foot that was triggered on both the gas and the brake pedals, scrapped by a few tall hotel bushes, ran over a curb (luckily there was no pedestrian) and picked up other passengers that were going in another direction and collected their fare. I don't know if he called that one in but I was sitting up front and braced myself against my little rolling backpack waiting for an accident to happen. Amid all of the hotel speed bumps that we sped over, i swear that we were airborne for a few seconds. I was dropped off at my hotel in one piece and bid the man goodbye watching him roar off into parts unknown. I think I'll take a taxi back to the airport on my return.

No comments: