Sunday, October 6, 2013

Hey Mom, I'm getting married

That's what the early morning text read when I woke up this morning. It was from my oldest daughter Nani who has been estranged from me for many months. She is currently living with her boyfriend in Pacifica, California. The text reads, "Hey mom, I'm getting married next year. I love you and would really like you to be there" That text came in the form of a Facebook message. The message was unclear but it offered a chance to finally, maybe talk to my daughter whom I have been missing for quite some time. So far, no other contact has been received other than calling her phone and speaking with her fiancee and letting him know to give her the message to call me back. I wish she would have called me to give me the message of her joyous news and not by Facebook message. But this is the digital age of social media and a form of communication that will soon be lost. I know that I would have called and given the message personally through phone or in person. I do hope to catch up with her soon and share the details of her event.

No comments: